Fiji Is Just ImageJQR for this page
|The SPIM Registration plugin provides fast, reliable and high-precision registration and fusion of Selective Plane Illumination Microscopy data as well as other 3d multi-angle image acquisitions.|
Fiji is an image processing package. It can be described as a "batteries-included" distribution of ImageJ (and ImageJ2), bundling Java, Java3D and a lot of plugins organized into a coherent menu structure. Fiji compares to ImageJ as Ubuntu compares to Linux.
The main focus of Fiji is to assist research in life sciences.
- For users - Fiji is easy to install and has an automatic update function, bundles a lot of plugins and offers comprehensive documentation.
- Developing Fiji - Fiji is an open source project hosted in a Git version control repository, with access to the source code of all internals, libraries and plugins, and eases the development and scripting of plugins.
The Fiji project is driven by a strong desire to improve the tools available for life sciences to process and analyze data. To this end, Fiji collaborates closely with the following projects:
- 2015-07-02 - ImageJ 2.0.0-rc-31
- 2015-06-17 - Better behavior on OS X
- 2015-06-15 - Major updates in the works
- 2015-05-01 - ImageJ 2.0.0-rc-30
- 2015-04-24 - A new way to search for ImageJ resources
Browse the news archive.
|Fiji continuous release|
|The latest version of Fiji is automatically and continuously built by the ImageJ Jenkins server.|
|All platforms (no JREs)||Windows (32-bit)||OS X||Linux (32-bit)|
|Windows (64-bit)||Linux (64-bit)|
See the Downloads page for Life-Line versions, etc.
Plugins and other components have their own licenses.
See also the sidebar on the right.
Fiji is supported by several laboratories and institutions:
- LOCI in Madison, Wisconsin, USA, home of ImageJ2 and Bio-Formats.
- The Tomancak Laboratory in Dresden, Germany.
See the Contributors page for a complete list.
Fiji is an Open Source project, so everybody is welcome to contribute with plugins, patches, bug reports, tutorials, documentation, and artwork.