ImageJAQR for this page
|Author||Wayne Rasband, Johannes Schindelin, Albert Cardona, et al|
|File||JAR files in ImageJ Maven repository|
|Latest version||auto-updated by ImageJ2's Jenkins|
ImageJA is a project that provides a clean Git History of the ImageJ 1.* branch, with a proper 'pom.xml' file so that it can be used with Maven without hassles.
ImageJA used to be a fork of ImageJ, i.e. it was synchronized closely with ImageJ with a few changes on top:
- When run as an applet, ImageJA is embedded (slated to be _optionally_ embedded, once the maintainer finds some time to do it).
- The internal structure of ImageJA's recorder allows command listeners to get much more fine-grained information.
- When launching a text editor, in many cases ImageJA will now choose Fiji's Script Editor, if available, instead of the old AWT based ImageJ editor.
- ImageJA has an easy Plugin installer via Plugins>Install PlugIn... (ImageJ only has that drag-n-drop thingie).
- The instance listener is RMI-based with ImageJA, so there is no security issue with it.
- ImageJA's Command Launcher has fuzzy matching, too.
- A couple of bug fixes:
- ImageJA also put back some not-yet-deprecated methods as deprecated.
- A simple bug fix in PolygonRoi drawing (it moves to the first point, but then draws a line to the same first point rather than the second).
- A little bug fix in StackWindow: if you have a 2D time lapse, ImageJ will still use the zSelector (rather than the tSelector).
- ImageJA can handle https:// URLs, too.
Where is the applet used?
To the knowledge of the author of the advanced applet parts of ImageJA, the applet is used at least here: